Here’s my answers, Regyna wants to play too!
Thank you AjayTao2010 for nominating Spread Information with the Liebster Blob Award! Liebster is the German word for friend and we are grateful to be honored by our friends.
1. Add the award logo to your blog.
2. Answer the following questions:
3. And pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know.
1. What makes you happiest?
2. Do you love the Ocean or the Mountains more?
I love the Ocean more. The view of it from the mountains is also good.
3. What has been your favorite moment of 2012?
Lighting the fuse for the CORE burn.
4. What is your favorite quote and why?
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. – Ambrose Redmoon
This is so true for me, people assume that I am not nervous when I perform, or that things are easy for me. They are not. I am just as afraid, just as nervous, just as terrified to fail as anyone. In fact what scares me the most is being hideously normal and uncreative. What is different about me is I do it anyway. I will rock climb despite the fact that I am scared of heights. I force myself to do it because I know once I am up there it is a peak experience. Some things don’t feel natural, but you can still do them, and they are amazing. You just have to decide that something else is more important. Today that means deciding that my health is more important than being angry all the time. I am tired of being angry. I think I may stop.
5. Do you like yourself?
I love myself a lot. I don’t always like myself, and I am not always proud of my choices. Sometimes I do things without thinking, and I hurt people. I don’t like that about myself, I wish I could see it coming and say something else, something equally true but less hurtful. I know I mean well. And I understand how hard it is for me, but I want to be better at some things, and it’s hard. I want to be a better parent, a better friend, a better partner, and sometimes I can be really hard on myself when I don’t think I’m doing a very good job and I can’t help it or change anything. It can be frustrating. But then I remember to love myself more, and that helps me to like who I am now, not just who I want to be when I grow up.
6. Do you stay up till the Stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve?
Yes, absolutely. Ok this year I fell asleep on the couch and my 11 year old daughter woke me up, but still. Yes :D
7. Something you wish you could get it done ASAP?
I want to start my own business. It is a long and involved process, and I wish I could snap my fingers and open the doors tomorrow. In reality it will be at least a year, and some grant writing later, and a lot of tomfoolery between. I’ll get there. It is good to have a goal.
8. What was your favorite class while still in school?
I love language arts and reading, no surprise there. People interest me, who they are, what they do, what motivates them. Words are my lifeline. They tie me to my emotions in a way that keeps me from blowing into a million bits. Words are my anchor, my solace and my way of connecting with the world. I am in a world of sound, images are foreign to me.
9. What musical instrument have you tried to learn to play?
I can play guitar, bass guitar, drums, keyboards and a slew of hand percussion instruments – none very well. I am a vocalist and a dancer. I figure that’s good enough!
10. Anything you wish you had learned earlier?
To read music. I wish I spoke that language on paper. I am an ear singer, a mimic. If I read music it would allow me to do a lot more things with my art.
11. Do you like to do crafts or draw or even paint?
I do beadwork, make jewelry, and am generally crafty and somewhat artsy. I love to draw but I am not good at it. I have never tried to paint. I sew costumes, and I love makeup and hair and fashion.
The Nominations are:
- Dirty Words | Ramblings of a Very Dirty Girl (www.raindegrey.com)
- Miss Maggie Mayhem (missmaggiemayhem.com)
- zefrank (www.zefrank.com)
- Question Everything (www.question-everything.org)
- Savage Blog (www.thestranger.com)
- Artistic Wonders Society (www.artisticwonderssociety.org)
- Wunderkammer (www.wunderkammerfestival.com)
- Upcycle Sonoma County (www.northbayburners.com)
- The Charnel-House (rosswolfe.wordpress.com)
- Kinky Little Girl – On Abuse and BDSM (kinkylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Paper Pencil Pen (paper-pencil-pen.blogspot.com)
- Sassy Peach (www.sassypeachwax.com)
- Ken Duret (kenduret.com)